Bachelor Party Ideas
Bachelor Party Ideas That Won’t Leave You In The Doghouse
by: Dee Schrock
Planning a bachelor party should center around the personality of the bachelor. Is he fun and outgoing or is he more quiet and prefer not to be in the spotlight? Also, with the traditional bachelorette party, would she be comfortable with the more risqué, or would it be offensive? These are all important questions, which will determine the success of your bachelor party.
You can choose activities centered at home, or out in the community. Community gathering places include the traditional restaurant and bars. Increasingly popular are creative outings such as spas, sporting events, camping, and amusement parks.
Bachelor and bachelorette parties are associated with strip clubs and limo rides. There are also many creative “PG-13” ideas to make it fun for all!
Here are some activity ideas:
* Roast the bachelor. Include all kinds of funny memories and embarrassing videos or photos!
* Is the bachelor known for any particular hobby or activity? How about an all-inclusive sport such as bowling or ice-skating? It may have better participation than if the bachelor is known for sky diving or extreme sports!
* Gambling on a winner? Choose a casino night for an easy to put together bachelor party.
* Is a happy marriage in the cards? Use a fortune telling theme complete with palm readings and crystal balls.
* A western theme can be used to “wrangle” the bachelor into marriage. Decorate with “wanted” posters of the bachelor or bachelorette. Give a lasso as a prop to the bachelorette as a metaphor for “roping” her man to the alter!
* Create a time capsule to be opened in five years. Include some of his cherished pre-marriage items and a questionnaire about what he thinks marriage will be like. For example, “Who (bachelor or bachelorette) will there be “more of to love (weight gain)” in five years?” Make a video of the party to include in his time capsule.
* Board games or card game championships.
* Hold a couples party and play the Newlywed Game to see who’s most in tune with each other.
* Murder mystery party with a honeymooning script. Purchase murder mystery scripts or use a local murder mystery company to host the event.
* Hire a belly dancer or salsa dancer to give lessons and give the bachelor a little spice for his honeymoon. Everyone will have a good laugh as they try out their new skills!
I hope these bachelor party ideas helped spark some fun ideas for your upcoming celebration!
About The Author
Dee Schrock has put together hundreds of theme party tips and fun ideas for easy (and budget conscious!) party planning.
Visit her website http://www.fun-theme-party-ideas.com for tons of popular theme party ideas, including decoration, costume, game, and party drink ideas, as well as printable invitations.